Sep 18, 2012

Christening

I thought I would finally start blogging about my spring and summer. I know, I never procrastinate stuff. Not at all.
So, some of you know that I became a godmother in April. It's my dear friend Vanessa and her husband Magnus who lured me into this commitment. They made me stand in the church and everything. I even had to talk to the priest and hold a candle. Those bastards.

Anyway, here we are walking into the church. If you are not Swedish and if you love churches you might be interested to know that this is a pretty typical Swedish church. 


We had to do some weird touching-the-baby-while-the-priest-blessed-him-or-something.
Joakim clearly thought the priest was weird. Good boy :)


Joakim was reeeeally tired so he wasn't a very happy panda, and my job was to hold and bounce him all the time. I don't think I've ever been so tired in my arms and legs before.


 The little family :)


I love how Joakim just looks at the crowd like they're freaks when the priest presented him as the newest member of the congregation.


I will go to church for my loved ones, but I certainly will not join in the singing of the hymns. I do have some standards to uphold. 


Yes hello, we (or at least I) look somewhat stupid.
Whatever man.



Joakim got fed up with all the cameras and started chewing on his shoe instead.



Vanessa's parents joined us from Brazil via skype, woho!


In case you haven't already figured it out, the guy on my left is the godfather.


Having a baker as your daddy will definitely make your christening the event of the year.




The cakes were all SUPER delicious! I'm not even going to admit how much cake I stuffed down my throat, it's embarrassing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment