Nov 16, 2012

Goose bumps

Yesterday (Wednesday that is) I went with a few friends to experience when Gothenburg's symphonists paid homage to John Williams on his 80th birthday. They played his most famous film scores, but also a couple of Olympic Games themes. We got to enjoy music from movies such as Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Schindler's List, Tintin, Jaws, Catch me if you can, ET, Saving Private Ryan, and, most imortantly, Star Wars. I was covered in goose bumps the whole evening. When they had played Star Wars Main Theme two Stormtroopers walked into the concert hall. We almost died from delight. Then Darth Vader walked in and they played The Imperial March, and I almost fainted. During the intermission we took pictures with a Stormtrooper and Darth Vader, and I have scarcely been as happy and nerdgasmic as I was then. It was pure magic, I loved it.




No comments:

Post a Comment